Charlie Chikankata has a lot to answer for! Here I am in the heart of rural Zambia, working for The Salvation Army as the Manager/Hospital Administrator of Chikankata Health Services. Not so much an intellectuall reflection rather a kind of journal of the unexpected.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Today is Beverley's birthday - Happy Birthday! I thought yesterday was the 4th August and I phoned her last night, leaving a beautiful operatic rendition of the appropriate song on her answer machine. D'oh!

Anyway, it's today. I am guessing Keith will be at Music School , but Beverley - I really hope you have a great day.

The Johnston family have been so good to me in so many ways and I really love them all (I have to be careful what I say, otherwise Keith's mum might get the wrong idea - private joke!). Their place was one of the few places that always felt like home and I have laughed alot and cried alot with them over different difficult situations (pull yerself together CC). We miss you so much but are looking forward to seeing you all in December.

BTW: I'm also looking forward to the roll and slice sausage, Albert's sausage supper (large chips) with Irn Bru and the usual Chinese takeaway (go easy on the onions!).

ps Make sure Keith organises the tickets for the Rangers / St Mirren games

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring