Charlie Chikankata has a lot to answer for! Here I am in the heart of rural Zambia, working for The Salvation Army as the Manager/Hospital Administrator of Chikankata Health Services. Not so much an intellectuall reflection rather a kind of journal of the unexpected.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

PIFF PAFF POOF!

So today I have found another organised "display" on my doorstep. Witchcraft is well and truly alive around Chikankata and it seems some budding Harry Potter is thinking that I might benefit (or otherwise) from some supernatural help. The last time it was an egg shell display, this time it was some pictures, flowers and an old disposable razor all laying on my front door step in a very ordered way. It seems if you are the manager of an organisation round here and someone is discontent with you, rather than come and talk about it in the office they prefer some sort of Tommy Cooper routine. My friend and fellow manager Capt Angela assures me it only works if you are involved in at and believe in it, which of course I do not. Anyway it was interesting experience - this never used to happen in Essex!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hello my name is Susanna and this is my blog. said...

Hey RB.
loving your blog.
I have been rubbish at keeping in touch but thinking about you and H loads.
Geoffrey sends his love.
Bless You Mate,
Suz x

11:52 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring