Charlie Chikankata has a lot to answer for! Here I am in the heart of rural Zambia, working for The Salvation Army as the Manager/Hospital Administrator of Chikankata Health Services. Not so much an intellectuall reflection rather a kind of journal of the unexpected.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

So today three things have brightened my day so far.
1. I received a letter addressed to
Mr. R Bradbury
President of The Salvation Army
ZAMBIA
My two observations are
a) the letter actually reached me
b) you can just call me "Mr. President"
2. Two really encouraging e-mails - it's so good to know that somebody is praying for me (cue song!) and guys like Stuart Hunter, although a big girls blouse have been a real inspiration to us.
3. This picture was sent to me today. It's a long story but basically I was showing a couple of the 'more senior members' of the ZIM Team around when I opened the door to a changing room and found one of our 'more larger staff members' in the buff, naked, nakety noo! It was rather embarrasing. So here's a picture of me doing an impression of dear old Dorothy with two big Berthas (one wood glof clubs) on the Royal Livingstone Golf Club

.

3 Comments:

Blogger nick said...

I've heard you called a lot of things!

I've called you a lot of things!

But President?

That's not been one of them!

1:06 am

 
Blogger Henrik Andersen said...

Congratulations on your new title.

I can actually do one better than that. While in Latvia, I received at letter that said:

GOD Henrik Andersen

Beat that!

Great to hear of your life and adventures at Chikankata - makes our life in Manchester seem pretty dull and easy.

God Bless!

11:41 am

 
Blogger shunter said...

Hey who are you calling a big girls blouse.....I resemble.....er resent that comment

8:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring