Charlie Chikankata has a lot to answer for! Here I am in the heart of rural Zambia, working for The Salvation Army as the Manager/Hospital Administrator of Chikankata Health Services. Not so much an intellectuall reflection rather a kind of journal of the unexpected.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Still waiting!

So yesterday I was reading that only 3% of women give birth on their Estimated Delivery Date. Well in my book a 3% success rate on any estimate is pretty poor. In fact, it stinks! So we are still waiting. As usual, I have already lost my money. I had a competition (not a bet!) with my mate Keith that the baby would come on 10th, he went for the 22nd. So just like when I play golf with Keith, I've lost all my money by the tenth. Patience or golf are not really my strong points.

However what did lighten my mood yesterday (I know I know - think about the wife!) was that there is a little baby in Ngangula whose first name is Bradbury. How cool is that - Bradbury Mwiinga. Apparently I had done something to help the family - which I don't even remember - and they called their son Bradbury. Both Heidie and I know have babies named after us and it feels quite special.

So here we are still waiting. I'll keep you posted....

1 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Good luck to you both. My sister is the only person I know who has delivered on her due dates! With bith her children. Me.... I hate to say it but I've never managed to reach a due date. Both children have been born early. Though one was a medical emergency, I would have preferred her cooked a little more. Are you trying the natural remedies?

9:47 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring