Charlie Chikankata has a lot to answer for! Here I am in the heart of rural Zambia, working for The Salvation Army as the Manager/Hospital Administrator of Chikankata Health Services. Not so much an intellectuall reflection rather a kind of journal of the unexpected.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Congratulations to my great friends Nick and Lisa who clock up five years of marriage today. They are great couple and have helped and loved me alot in times of need, shared much of my journey and encouraged us so much. Big it up for the Hanovers!

However what I remember most is the opening remarks by Ian Davis (capt.) at their wedding ceremony, which incidently coincided with the commencement of the 2002 World Cup. Here is a roughly paraphrase;

This is a great day, a day we have waited for with anticipation, a day which has brought us happiness, a day we though would never come...... and wasn't it a surprise to see Senegal beat France in the opening game.
I guess you had to be there but I still chuckle at that to this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring