Charlie Chikankata has a lot to answer for! Here I am in the heart of rural Zambia, working for The Salvation Army as the Manager/Hospital Administrator of Chikankata Health Services. Not so much an intellectuall reflection rather a kind of journal of the unexpected.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

One of my favourite days of the year!!

Each year the hospital holds a camp for Orphans and Vulnerable Children high in the hills of Mabetubwa. It's such an fantastic experience. I wish I could take all my friends there to see this beautiful place. The setting is beautiful, the staff are beautiful, the children are beautiful and the purpose is beautiful.It's a place when children are valued. It's a place where children get 3 hot meals a day. It's place where children are shown a bit of love and attention. It's a place where children can share their grief and problems. It's a place where children can have fun. It's a place where children can be, well children.




The general pattern is that in the morning there is some sort of exercise, which is the aimed at getting the children to open up about their experiences and processing some of their thoughts and feelings. This is followed by a fun activity in the afternoon. Heidie had a go at the Trust game that the children were doing the day we were there.



"I tell you whatever you did for one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did for me" Jesus






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring