Charlie Chikankata has a lot to answer for! Here I am in the heart of rural Zambia, working for The Salvation Army as the Manager/Hospital Administrator of Chikankata Health Services. Not so much an intellectuall reflection rather a kind of journal of the unexpected.

Monday, September 18, 2006

On Saturday and Sunday, we had no water whatsoever in our house. Last night when I sorted out all the water containers for refilling from the borehole, I realised that in 2 days Heidie and I had used 110 litres of water. Makes you think!

1 Comments:

Blogger russell said...

Richard! it's great to discover this blog & capture something of your life and adventure in Africa!

water - it certainly does make you think. one of those sometimes unbearable tensions that we live with in a global community. i wouldn't know but i imagine here in our family we used at least double that without it making us think. thanks for making us think again.

by the way, I found my way here to your blog from an 'All at UKT' email with details of the ambulance appeal. (£10 on its way.)

From your site site i've been drawn into the wonderful and wierd world of SA blogging.... so inspired that i've decided to join in myself. the power of the world wide web. hmm.

4:29 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring